I've been playing Hearthstone for about 2 weeks now, and I really like it! I didn't fall in love with the game, as I did with the Dragon Age series, but still somehow I just can't stop playing it. Again, it's always that "just one more..." thing. Just one more match in this case. xD
I enjoy that I have to think over each move and guess the opponent's cards and play style as well. How you need to think sometimes several moves forward in this game, reminds me a little bit of chess. But Hearthstone is way more fun! (At least for me. :D)
Since I'm new to this game, I still have sooo much to learn. I experience that most of the time having a good, strong deck of cards is vital, but win or loose depends more on the person who uses it. And then there's luck. At the end of the day it's always luck. If you get the cards in a fortunate order, then it's possible to beat a great deck with a basic one.
I have always been someone who goes for rogue characters in RPG games, dual weapon is unquestionably my favored choice most of the time, so it struck me for first that while I like Valeera and the rogue deck, it's nowhere near my favorite in this game.
And I would have never guessed what had actually happened. But there it is: priest became my favorite character! *Heart attack incoming!* xD I've never really played with supporter characters, that have a healing ability. I more like the double handed warrior or dual weapon rogue style, but I guess it doesn't matter in this game. The whole concept and set of slang words are different, so tempo priest it is for me. At least for now.
Another thing about this game is that you can play it 100% free, if you have the patience. You can always buy the solo adventures like Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain for real life money, but you can also spare gold for them, however it'll take a lot of time to improve your decks this way.
So I've made a decision: I'll play this game without spending any money on it. :D You must think that I have a timeturner, or something like this, but I'm serious about that resolve. It's not that important to me to jump on the top in, let's say, one month. It's more like a challenge for me, and I have to admit, that I find it exciting. I have to work hard for every new deck, and so it's a thrill to open one from time to time. I know it's a contradiction, but somehow everything feels more valuable this way.
Currently I'm trying to spare money for the first quarter of Naxxramas. It's 700 gold, and as you can see, I already have 660, so this goal is kind of close by now. :) With tomorrow's quest I'll be able to buy it, and I'm far too excited! :D I can't tell you guys, how hard it has been not to spend the money on new decks. xD Earlier whenever I had 100 gold, I immediately ran to the shop and bought a new deck. So it's not easy now, but I try my best and be strong every time I have the urge to buy something in the shop. (Could be a good policy in real life too... xD)



No comments:
Post a Comment